What is holding you back from launching your new business idea?
What is keeping you from getting out there and getting that new job?
What is preventing you from pursuing new relationships in your life?
What is getting in the way of you exploring new possibilities and a change for the better?
Is it fear?
Is it the unknown?
Is it the belief that you have to have it all figured out before going for it?
The good news is, you do not have to know everything before going out there and pursuing your next great idea, or getting your new job, or pursuing that new relationship. In fact, focusing on what you do not know is very likely what is holding you back from jumping in and going for it.
This focusing on what you do not (yet) know, or on what you think (or others are telling you) you should do, is distracting you from your own inner voice, your own inner knowing and your own inner confidence. Where does this get you? In all likelihood, swirling around in the same place you have been (i.e. getting you nowhere…or keeping you nice and comfortable where you are….and still not getting you anywhere near where you would like to be.)
If you really want to get moving, stop thinking about and focusing on what you do not know and instead focus on what you already know how to do. Look into yourself and think about who you are – what your qualities, strengths and characteristics are. Think about your interests and hobbies. Take note of what you are passionate about. Put these all together to create a plan of action that is authentic to you.
For example, say you want to look for a new job.
One way to go about it is to ask others advice about what they think you should do.
Their answers might (emphatically) be to start a blog, open a LinkedIn profile, and meet with a career counselor. The people you asked are very enthusiastic and completely convinced that this is what you should do if you really want to be successful at finding a job. While these suggestions seem reasonable to you, you start to panic and feel overwhelmed and stressed. You understand how blogging can help you get yourself out there, but you do not know the first thing about setting up a blog. You have seen LinkedIn profiles, but have not paid much attention to them. The thought of doing all of these things – things you do not (yet) know how to do, just leaves you feeling stuck and incapable. “Well, if I don’t have a blog or a LinkedIn profile, there is no way I am going to get a job!”
Yes, blogging, having a LinkedIn profile, and meeting with a career counselor are all wonderful ideas. But if these ideas feel overwhelming to you, and feel like things you feel you should be doing (as opposed to choosing these avenues yourself), you are very likely to feel paralyzed and/or not move very far on your job seeking journey.
Instead, go to the inside; go back to you. Think about who you are. You might be great with people and strike up conversations with others easily. You might really enjoy making movies, and you might love social media platforms like Facebook for sharing your new videos. You might be passionate about eating well and living a healthy lifestyle. Utilize these qualities, gifts, passions, and strengths in you (i.e. what you already know and already have inside of you) to get moving and start the process of you getting the word out to others about you and what you are looking for in a job. Mingle and connect with people who share similar interests and passions with you. These are things you most likely already know how to do, and so, you are more likely to actually get moving and do them. Once you start moving, you can then choose to implement other ideas and suggestions you feel can help you continue moving forward. You can then choose to learn about how to do what you do not yet know how to do. The key here is to get moving. And you are more likely to do that utilizing the tools and skills you already have inside of you.
Enjoy these other articles loaded with tips and tools to help you move forward in life, love, and work, while staying authentic to you:
As always, be in touch with any questions or comments. You can reach me here, anytime.
In support and admiration and in awe of all that you are,
Error: Your requested Widget "text" is not in the "Widgets for Shortcodes" sidebar
- [do_widget_area footer_third_1]
- [do_widget id="links-14"]
- [do_widget_area footer_third_2]
- [do_widget id="widget_kadence_contact-6"]
- [do_widget_area footer_third_3]
- [do_widget id="widget_kadence_social-4"]
- [do_widget_area sidebar-primary]
- [do_widget id="search-5"]
- [do_widget id="categories-317009053"]
- [do_widget id="mc4wp_form_widget-2"]
- [do_widget_area topbarright]
- [do_widget id="id_wp_cta_static_widget-4"]
- [do_widget_area widgets_for_shortcodes]
- [do_widget_area wp_inactive_widgets]
- [do_widget id="widget_kadence_contact-3"]
- [do_widget id="widget_kadence_contact-5"]
- [do_widget id="widget_kadence_social-2"]
- [do_widget id="widget_kadence_social-3"]
- [do_widget id="kadence_recent_posts-2"]
- [do_widget id="kadence_recent_posts-4"]
- [do_widget id="kadence_recent_posts-5"]
- [do_widget id="virtue_about_with_image-4"]
- [do_widget id="id_wp_cta_static_widget-3"]
- [do_widget id="text-537757616"]
- [do_widget id="links-12"]
- [do_widget id="text-537757621"]
- [do_widget id="links-11"]
- [do_widget id="text-537757615"]
- [do_widget id="links-9"]
- [do_widget id="text-537757611"]
- [do_widget id="text-537757607"]
- [do_widget id="search-4"]
- [do_widget id="text-537757598"]
- [do_widget id="recent-posts-6"]
- [do_widget id="recent-posts-5"]
- [do_widget id="recent-posts-4"]
- [do_widget id="recent-posts-3"]
- [do_widget id="text-537757595"]
- [do_widget id="archives-4"]
- [do_widget id="archives-5"]
- [do_widget id="calendar-2"]
- [do_widget id="search-2"]
- [do_widget id="text-537757575"]
- [do_widget id="text-537757576"]
- [do_widget id="text-537757578"]
- [do_widget id="categories-317009052"]
- [do_widget id="nav_menu-2"]
- [do_widget id="pages-2"]
- [do_widget id="meta-2"]
- [do_widget id="recent-comments-2"]
- [do_widget id="rss-2"]